In the event of a fire breaking out in your home, you are advised to:
- First and foremost, try to keep calm.
- You should evacuate the area immediately, closing the door behind you tightly.
- Make your way out of the property as safely as possible
- Raise the alarm: make it be known to others around you that there is a fire.
- Always use the stairs as a means of exit: lifts are dangerous in fires.
Remember to make sure that you raise an alarm when a fire occurs.
Phone 999 and ask for the Fire Brigade.
Give your name and address calmly and wait for them to confirm your address before hanging up.